Rock'n Ice | Fairfield, CT Photographer

On my way home from Seattle I stopped in Bozeman, MT to spend some time with my Brother-in-law Alan and his girlfriend Betsy. Alan is a climbing guide in the area and they both spend a lot of time climbing throughout the country. The Bozeman area is absolutely beautiful! Yes, even in February. The hot springs in Norris easily kept my mind off of the cold. Bridger Bowl offered an amazing day of skiing and snowboarding with some very tough terrain. I spent my last day here in the Hyalite Canyon section of Gallatin National Forest for a day of ice climbing and photography. I got most of the shots below by anchoring myself on a rope above the climbers, you can see my glove in one of the images. The bottom image is me on my first attempt up "Thin Chance" (the name of the route). What a great few days in the mountains! I hope to get out there again real soon. Thanks again to Alan, Betsy, & Brad for a fun filled couple of days!!!




















1 comments:

{ Unknown } | March 10, 2010 at 6:29 PM said...

nice photos! they turned out well.
-alan and betsy

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Mark Smith Photography | Blog All Rights Reserved

Design by Dzignine, Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates